Monday, June 28, 2010
I'm always honored but...
By Edward Copeland
Leopard13 of Lazy Thoughts From a Boomer has chosen to bestow upon me the Versatile Blogger Award. As always, when I receive one of these honors, I'm most grateful, it just gets harder to complete the requirements that come with the reward. Here are the rules:
•Thank the person who gave you this award (That part is easy enough. Mission accomplished. Thanks again Leopard).
•Share 7 things about yourself (Well, I can come up with those.)
•Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason (This is the tricky part for me. With my health the way it is, I don't surf the way I used to, so I'm not always discovering new sites and it always feel fake if I keep rewarding people I already know, but I'll give it a whirl, but 15 is an awfully high number.)
•Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award. (If I can get the 15, this is not a problem.)
1. While I'm always grateful for awards, I'd much rather be writing.
2. I still can't believe people liked Avatar.
3. I wish I could still see movies in theaters.
4. However, it sure as hell isn't for the 3D scam.
5. I miss seeing Broadway shows, but boy are they pricing themselves out of existence.
6. For the most part, anyone of either party who has served in either house of Congress for more than two terms needs to go home.
7. It sounds arrogant, but if I could run a lot of things right from my bedroom, I think this country would be much better off, but who listens to me?
So, here is my best shot. I hope I'm not giving people repeat awards, but I'll be lucky if I get to 15 who are new to me in the first place, so I can't take the time to avoid duplication.
The Fine Cut
Lilok Pelikula Sculpting Cinema
Mind of a Suspicious Kind
Minute A Day About Movies
My Life at 24 Frames Per Second
The Nomadic Chronicles
Not Just Movies
The One-Line Review
She Blogged By Night
Thank you, Edward! That's sincerely nice of you. And I'm laughing forever at your #2 on the list, because I agree SO MUCH.
Mr. Copeland! Wow, I just only got to view this "honor" as I was busy with my dad funeral. Anyway, wow! Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your father. This little honor doesn't remotely make up for the loss but I hope it brightened your day a little in these sad times.Post a Comment